Skip to main content

‎5 actions I do to wake up and remain in a positive frame of mind

Coming home to brooklyn from a long holiday stay in Manhattan with mom I realized more so how I like to start my day. I have several habits and rituals that take place in the beginning of my day that are unique to me perhaps.

1. Hop out of bed into something comfortable and go to a designated area of your home just for you.






For example. I hop out of bed and put on comfortable and warmer pajamas when I first get up. Most people might get out of bed and hop right into the shower to get ready for work but me I put on pajamas and then head into a room I like to call the "fitness room" of the home. Just to give you a sense of what's going on at this time well its 2pm. My girlfriend is doing yoga to the internet station she likes to watch called "Namaste Yoga" sometimes we do the yoga together for example yesterday when we were in Manhattan we did yoga together and the class was taught by my girlfriend. I really needed some instruction and she got me through an amazing class which was really helpful. So anyway back to the "fitness room" in my brooklyn home. I walk into a predominately yellow room so on a gloomy day like today it still has positive vibrancy. Having an assigned room or area in your home for wellness is important.

2. Reading affirmations outloud and being in touch with your passions.




Within the fitness room their is a dresser which acts as an alter which has my passions written down for me to read out loud. My passions are:

1: Being able to be as I am feeling at peace with myself

2: Being loving

3. Being healthy

4: Having my partner nearby supporting me

5: Enjoying the freedom to create my day.

I think the most obvious thing I could have noticed this morning is that my passions are being met. Maybe when I first designed them they weren't but after saying my passions every day despite the circumstances I can honestly say they have taken shape and exist in my life or perhaps I can see them more easily. I think its time to make new passions as well and you could change your passions every six months or few years as you see fit. My passions where created by a book I read called the "Passion Test" last year.

3: I wake up and read a spiritual lesson for the day each day.




To the side of my passions and a insense holder their are spiritual teachings by "Amma the hugging saint" The spiritual lesson for today is "Today I identify something I learned by making a mistake"  I ponder on this thought and realize that every day their will be a knew spiritual lesson for me to develop myself in the context of.

4: Create a schedule based on the 8 ways: Wisdom, Health, Wealth, Fame, Relationships, Creativity, Contacts, Career




One of the other things I most definitely do in the start of my day is write down on a piece of paper a chart that allows me to schedule my day in a way where everything that is important in my overall structure of life is accounted for. For example the chart consist of  8 sections from top to bottom and they are first Wisdom, then Health, Wealth, Fame, Relationships, Creativity, Contacts, and lastly Career. Each section has a blank area where I can write what exactly I will do during the course of the day that will corrilate to the section it is in whether ie Wealth, Fame, Contacts and so on.

When I am starting my day of course I start each day in Wisdom. So some of things that go along with that other than reading spiritual lesson cards and repeating my passions out loud would be reading.

5: Reading what will put you me in a positive and responsible frame of mind for the day.




I love to read astrology from my Iphone actually. I read from Susan Millers astrologyzone.com iphone application. I also read from an iPhone application called Iscopes. I read from an iphone application called "My thoughts" which is filled with affirmations and whenever you read one you can press the screen and read another one after another. That keeps me a good morning frame of mind.

I also read actually books each morning that assist me in my morning rituals. I read a page from the book  "The Language of Letting Go" by Melody Beatte. Every day has a new lesson for today. Todays lesson for January 8th was in short "I will feel my emotions and take responsibility for them." Each day somehow relates to me and what I am going through or something I should take into consideration as I go through out my day. I read books and check astrology applications to get myself in the right frame of mine and also to warn me of any pitfalls that I might experience during the course of the day and week so I can be wise in my choices and decisions through out my life experiences. One book that gives me insight daily during the "Wisdom portion of my day is" KRS One's book the Gospel of Hip Hop. Somehow I find this book enlightening and speaking in similar thought circles as those that I am already familiar with and respect. So I read a page a day and take insight into my own career as an artist from what I read.

Well that is 5 tips on how I start my day and how you may want to start yours. We all start each day differently and on a Saturday like today I recommend using some of the techniques I just mentioned in your own way. Keep positive things around your house to remind you to be in a mindset that brings peace and responsibility to you rather than letting things around you stir you into drama and turmoil. Put things around you and in your life that remind you to create your circumstances rather than have things that dictate what your circumstances will be and have you at the effect of everything that comes your way. Anyhow thats just my two cents for today. Hope you enjoyed it.

6: Bonus tip. Having a journal to write your thoughts in.

Oh by the way if you have a journal that could be a good place for you too to write your thoughts about the day and what you wish to accomplish. Today I wrote in my journal before writing in this post and revealed some inner thoughts that really needed to come to the surface. Cheers to you and breaking into new habits and accepting new changes. Happy New Year as this is the first weekend of the year 2011. Peace and love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Reasons why becoming a member of Beat365 rocks.

As you already might know I go by the alias Undakova (Undercover) and I am beat maker, DJ and MC here in NYC. I have been producing hip hop beats since the 90s and have produced my own hip hop instrumentals for my album created here in New York City. I often get asked by R & B artist and MCs "Can you produce some beats for my album?" One day the question popped up in my head "Where does an artist find great sounding Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them?" If an artist doesn't have a friend or business partner who is a producer or know how to/ want to produce beats on there own spare time (which can take a lot of time and money) where does he/she find a complete collection of hip hop beats? Well the answer is simple. . . . To find Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them go to Beats365

GANGURU GiRL$ [Japanese "Blackface" Lil KIM ERA]

0r__nah : Japanese  Ganguro   Girls  or " yamanbe "  are considered " blackface " also translated to "heavily  sunburned   face." As a subculture they challenge the official  sanitized ,  sweet  and  subservient  image of Japanese women in endless service of male patriarchy. Highly controversial, considered animalistic and racially "Other"  ganguro Girls  trace back to the original ruler of  ancient  Japan, a powerful  shamanic Empress  and are likewise associated with  #magic   #myth   #fairies #witchcraft   #MountainWomen  and #folklore   #Goddessworship   #FemalePower   #BadBitches   #Radical   #Trickster s  #BlackMother Worship   #GAiAMatrix   #Shamana   ⚡️💖🙌🌸🌊🔥👑💎💜💖⚡️⭐️💛💀 And then there's the STINK FACE, Or Nah? BONUS : :  We are 38% star stuff and 53% water we are cosmic  beings made of oxygen carbon nitrogen and calcium  that was produced by red Giants and supernovae eons  - High

Opening Theme - Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

I don't know I just had to recap on my childhood real quick.