Skip to main content

Cheers to the Workers (originally published 2016)

Cheers to the workers.
The student loan people who call you on the phone. 
The cashiers at Trader Joes. 
The gentleman who made sure my direct deposit went through. 
The social workers, interns and faculty I work with in the high schools. 
The security the doormen and women who are my friends and family and text me daily. 
The older gentleman that happily cleans the building even though the dust keeps piling high with construction every day. (Wilson)

Cheers to the workers. 
The bus driver who stepped out of the driver's seat on the bus and said 
"I will stop this bus if those kids don't stop running around like this bus is a playground” 
The mother who was doing her best to make sure her kids didn't misbehave on the bus 
and finally decided to take them off the bus and walk in order to teach them a lesson about the consequences of not behaving. 
Reminded me of my mom and how hard she worked to make sure her family was good and happy every day, especially during the holidays. 
To my manager at Juice Press who I wouldn’t have got through 2016 without.

Cheers to the workers.
To those relationships that aren't work related but are inspiration for work. 
To my partner allowing me to be her coach in Artivism and Spiritprenuership 
while using freestyle hip hop to connect to our highest selves. For helping me to practice being in integrity with my business. 
To my partner for encouraging me to stay on my job when I wanted to give up during those cold mornings having to be away from her and leave the house by 5am. 
Waking up to begin meditating at 4am. 

To the sacrifice my life partner has made to not work "as much" so she could devote that time to our son and developing in motherhood. 

To all my good peoples who wished they saw me on the dance floor this year
but respected that I was going to bed early and making sure the bills were paid.
Mobile Mondays, The Get Down, Unitribe, Freestyle Mondays, Sixth Street Community Center, Funk Box and many more classic communities and late nights I missed.
To my friends who open their arms to hug me when they haven’t seen me in a long time.

Cheers to the workers. The workers. The workers.

Cheers to the people that have two more days left to work until winter break. 
Cheers to the people that are going to work over the break just so we can ride a subway or order chinese food togo.

Cheers to the mutha f'n workers. 

Cheers to the DJs that are spinning for your holiday work parties. 
Cheers to the entrepreneurs that never had a holiday break. 

A wise soul told me to think about all of the different things that have to come together for us to be where we are at now,
wearing what we are wearing now,
doing what we are doing now in the environment we are in now.
There is a lot that goes into making the world we exist in . . .exist as it is, and yeah it isn't perfect. But it comes together so perfectly without us giving notice doesn't it? As we rush off to work sometimes?

Perhaps we can use less plastic things,
less oil,
less animal suffering,
less wasteful spending.
But no shame to anyone, we all make this machine work as it is
and we all CAN switch gears when ever we want to.
Maybe not overnight but. . . . one step at a time. . . .one day at time.

TWO MORE DAYS WORKERS. TWO MORE DAYS.

And last but not least. 
Cheers to the people at Standing Rock protecting the land from an industry that has gotten us this far but over time has also proven to be careless and run its course,
Standing for a new way of sustainably helping ourselves,
our animal folk,
and our planet
based on tradition and morals that have stood the test of time. 

And least but not last. 
Cheers to the magnificent creator who keeps the sun and moon working just as they were created and intended to work.
So we can live on this bountiful planet amongst all other living beings in harmony, and balance,
and build our society
and workforce
on principles that show and honor our respect for all life
and all beings being happy and free. 

Cheers to the workers.
From your fellow lightworker grateful for my work now and the work ahead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Reasons why becoming a member of Beat365 rocks.

As you already might know I go by the alias Undakova (Undercover) and I am beat maker, DJ and MC here in NYC. I have been producing hip hop beats since the 90s and have produced my own hip hop instrumentals for my album created here in New York City. I often get asked by R & B artist and MCs "Can you produce some beats for my album?" One day the question popped up in my head "Where does an artist find great sounding Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them?" If an artist doesn't have a friend or business partner who is a producer or know how to/ want to produce beats on there own spare time (which can take a lot of time and money) where does he/she find a complete collection of hip hop beats? Well the answer is simple. . . . To find Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them go to Beats365

GANGURU GiRL$ [Japanese "Blackface" Lil KIM ERA]

0r__nah : Japanese  Ganguro   Girls  or " yamanbe "  are considered " blackface " also translated to "heavily  sunburned   face." As a subculture they challenge the official  sanitized ,  sweet  and  subservient  image of Japanese women in endless service of male patriarchy. Highly controversial, considered animalistic and racially "Other"  ganguro Girls  trace back to the original ruler of  ancient  Japan, a powerful  shamanic Empress  and are likewise associated with  #magic   #myth   #fairies #witchcraft   #MountainWomen  and #folklore   #Goddessworship   #FemalePower   #BadBitches   #Radical   #Trickster s  #BlackMother Worship   #GAiAMatrix   #Shamana   ⚡️💖🙌🌸🌊🔥👑💎💜💖⚡️⭐️💛💀 And then there's the STINK FACE, Or Nah? BONUS : :  We are 38% star stuff and 53% water we are cosmic  beings made of oxygen carbon nitrogen and calcium  that was produced by red Giants and supernovae eons  - High

Opening Theme - Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

I don't know I just had to recap on my childhood real quick.