Skip to main content

From being Driven to Walking my talk. - Ebook

I was continuously in financial strain and dragging everyone I loved down with me fast.
Although I would DJ my weekly events I still had to freelance, often designing flyers, websites, mobile apps, recording vocals, producing soundtracks, and djing behind artist performances.

I was barely earning $100 for each project but too scattered, overwhelmed and spread thin to focus on one thing. Sometimes at the end of the month I would be busking by singing my own music on the New York City train risking arrest all because had very little money after focusing on too many menial jobs instead of focusing on my business.
One evening my partner of 2 years just got back from traveling through Asia as a teacher and asked me if I wanted to come meet her mom and her mom’s financially successful and famous brother for dinner at their favorite chinese cuisine uptown in Manhattan.

I was tired but really hungry and wanted to leave a good impression on her family so I decided to be a “People Pleaser” instead of trusting my gut which told me I was reserved and feeling anti-social. But instead my dinner conversation was lackluster at best and when I decided not to speak and just sink into my seat quietly the night got worst for me.

Her uncle who I was just now practically meeting for the first time said something from the head of the dinner table toward me.

What is it do you do?

When I heard this question I heard
"What is your plan to secure your financial life so you can live without distractions that take you away from your true purpose in life?"

I certainly was driven to work for myself and after 10 years of being my own creative boss I still couldn’t afford to live in New York although I was following my passion. Every project I took on I thought my heart was in the right place. It felt mean to just #mindmyownbusiness affairs so I would mostly find myself helping another artist with their work instead of focusing on my anthology of work.
In the end. I didn’t have clients. . . I had friends, lovers, and acquaintances.

Was I really my own boss? Or just feeding the momentum of this dizzying disco ball trance which left me distracted, and ultimately depleted
I went from enjoying speaking in "hyphens" about all the different hats I wore to realizing I couldn't even pay for dinner that night, nor the cab, and barely the train ride home.
The reality started to set in.
I was focused on many things at once — which is to say, focused on nothing at all.
It was the lack of clarity, and control of my financial and career in life and that consistent cycle was leaving me broke. As well as speechless when it came to answering the question. What is it that you do? Knowing I couldn't pay for everyone's dinner that evening and barely my own.


When I got home that very evening I completed my last invoice and all of my true commitments to others. After a few weeks of binging on several documentaries and videos I called a friend and asked for advice. He recommended I watch a free coaching video from a coach Christine Kane and so I did. Little by little I began from learning from that video. I remember she said something about being "Picasso" and afterward I was compelled to begin making some sense of myriad of services I loved to provide.

At first I didn't cut out anything that I loved to do I just began to add structure around all that I had done for free and little pay to get a clearer picture of what I was already doing and being.
I also began to create boundaries in my relationships with others.


The first boundary I created was. To never begin helping someone with my services who I was also intimate with because that could get confusing.


Secondly I stopped going out late because that lifestyle and pay wasn’t worth the lack of clarity I had after.


Lastly I slowed down and was able to gather all of my recorded DJ sets, original produced music, original song lyrics, and my anthology of work taking inventory of everything I was working with, and taking with me moving forward. I re-evaluated what still served me, and what could be let go so I could be clear at what I was selling and what my value was.

These were some of the first steps I took in getting out of my way, and transforming my life going from being driven to taking root and walking my walk. Establishing healthy boundaries, honoring and preserving my MOJO, and narrowing my focus to that which was truly aligned with my sense of purpose.

I was able to get organized and create the LLC UNDAKOVA ENTERPRISES and fully embody that the U.niverse N.aturally D.elivers A.ll K.nowledge of V.itality A.utomatically and would inspire others to make the decision to get out of of your way and get intune with what's driving you. Finding the value in myself through acknowledging my missteps and owning my mistakes.

I began using my voice to serve others so they won’t make the same mistakes I made. Over the years I went from being confused at trying to support other artist when I could barely support myself, to creating a clear path to publishing my own music and lyrics, videos, blog articles and programs that continue to help other creative radicals get recognized for their authentic expression and be seen as a leader through their creativity and anthology of work.








I had some setbacks and breakdowns along the way that really shook me to the core and quite frankly I still do have setbacks. This is my life’s work unraveling.

Often I have to look in the mirror and say who am I to think I could be cut out for this lifestyle I chose? Often it is easier to blame other people than to be in integrity with the new standards I set for myself and my life.
No matter how long it takes me to grow into my vision I will support agents of the divine whether they be women, children or men with my guidance and skill.
Even when I failed. I believed in myself and got back up and tried again knowing the journey and who I was becoming along the way was more important than the end result.


This was how I learned build my business with the help of coaching and guidance from like minded friends.
Over time I built my reputation as UNDAKOVA through walking my talk and showing up even when I was scared stiff.
Before long I couldn’t even say the word “Cypher” before people would begin asking me how they could be in the safe spaces, under the moon cycles, that I created to support them manifesting their word into reality using Hip Hop Freestyle swaag.
I would invite them, however they were, and share my gifts with love.

Knowing they soon would become more confident in overcoming any obstacles, embodying their creative art form, practicing to balance their chakras and manifest masterfully using the raw power of sound and word.

I invested over 10 years learning how to focus on my own true element. I created the 5 elements of Holistic Hip Hop Yoga to help those who like me were doing way too much for too little.
Interested in finding your one true element then check out this FREE guide "MindYourOwnBusiness: 7 simple steps you can take now"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GANGURU GiRL$ [Japanese "Blackface" Lil KIM ERA]

0r__nah : Japanese  Ganguro   Girls  or " yamanbe "  are considered " blackface " also translated to "heavily  sunburned   face." As a subculture they challenge the official  sanitized ,  sweet  and  subservient  image of Japanese women in endless service of male patriarchy. Highly controversial, considered animalistic and racially "Other"  ganguro Girls  trace back to the original ruler of  ancient  Japan, a powerful  shamanic Empress  and are likewise associated with  #magic   #myth   #fairies #witchcraft   #MountainWomen  and #folklore   #Goddessworship   #FemalePower   #BadBitches   #Radical   #Trickster s  #BlackMother Worship   #GAiAMatrix   #Shamana   ⚡️💖🙌🌸🌊🔥👑💎💜💖⚡️⭐️💛💀 And then there's the STINK FACE, Or Nah? BONUS : :  We are 38% star stuff and 53% water we are cosmic  beings made of oxygen carbon nitrogen and calcium  that was produced by red Giants and supernovae eons  - High

7 Reasons why becoming a member of Beat365 rocks.

As you already might know I go by the alias Undakova (Undercover) and I am beat maker, DJ and MC here in NYC. I have been producing hip hop beats since the 90s and have produced my own hip hop instrumentals for my album created here in New York City. I often get asked by R & B artist and MCs "Can you produce some beats for my album?" One day the question popped up in my head "Where does an artist find great sounding Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them?" If an artist doesn't have a friend or business partner who is a producer or know how to/ want to produce beats on there own spare time (which can take a lot of time and money) where does he/she find a complete collection of hip hop beats? Well the answer is simple. . . . To find Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them go to Beats365

Opening Theme - Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

I don't know I just had to recap on my childhood real quick.