Skip to main content

the song my Mom and Dad's wedding party came in on


Grateful that my mom is alive and well. #Blessings
I was playing this album a few nights ago. Just in the zone and enjoying the music. My mom who is visiting from her warm climate abode in Florida over heard the music and began to enjoy it with me. I had no idea what the context of the song I was playing on vinyl was for her. 
Turns out this song was the song her bridal party came in and was introduced on. This was at the wedding before my time on earth. Classic times. She began showing me the dance that they came in and walked doing. She was smiling and making the announcements of her bridal party. She was happy the music brought her back to that place in time. 

Music is healing. Weddings are special. I am so grateful that my dad left me some of the best records I could ever know. There were many times my mom told me to sell the records or get rid of them. I am so grateful I didn't listen. I  am grateful for my lineage from 70s classic music to hip hop that I grew up listening to that sampled these great works of art. Many hip hop artist such as Black Moon sampled Donald Byrd which is where I first became unknowingly familiar with his music. Rest in peace Franky Knuckles, Rest in Peace Donald Byrd, Rest in peace Dad.

Thank you for me being alive today in great health and able to share music with my loved ones who are still alive and well. I often get upset when things don't go my way or when I don't get exactly what I ordered. But everything happens for a reason and usually brings me to a more humbled, and vulnerable space that is readying me for growth and a lesson. Life is short. Enjoy it and when you are not enjoying something don't pretend to be. Accept what you think you can't accept and then move on. There are many "places and spaces" and things to see be and enjoy. And if you are fortunate you just might be in good spirits to witness them and enjoy them. So collect and honor that fortune and stay blessed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Reasons why becoming a member of Beat365 rocks.

As you already might know I go by the alias Undakova (Undercover) and I am beat maker, DJ and MC here in NYC. I have been producing hip hop beats since the 90s and have produced my own hip hop instrumentals for my album created here in New York City. I often get asked by R & B artist and MCs "Can you produce some beats for my album?" One day the question popped up in my head "Where does an artist find great sounding Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them?" If an artist doesn't have a friend or business partner who is a producer or know how to/ want to produce beats on there own spare time (which can take a lot of time and money) where does he/she find a complete collection of hip hop beats? Well the answer is simple. . . . To find Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them go to Beats365

GANGURU GiRL$ [Japanese "Blackface" Lil KIM ERA]

0r__nah : Japanese  Ganguro   Girls  or " yamanbe "  are considered " blackface " also translated to "heavily  sunburned   face." As a subculture they challenge the official  sanitized ,  sweet  and  subservient  image of Japanese women in endless service of male patriarchy. Highly controversial, considered animalistic and racially "Other"  ganguro Girls  trace back to the original ruler of  ancient  Japan, a powerful  shamanic Empress  and are likewise associated with  #magic   #myth   #fairies #witchcraft   #MountainWomen  and #folklore   #Goddessworship   #FemalePower   #BadBitches   #Radical   #Trickster s  #BlackMother Worship   #GAiAMatrix   #Shamana   ⚡️💖🙌🌸🌊🔥👑💎💜💖⚡️⭐️💛💀 And then there's the STINK FACE, Or Nah? BONUS : :  We are 38% star stuff and 53% water we are cosmic  beings made of oxygen carbon nitrogen and calcium  that was produced by red Giants and supernovae eons  - High

Opening Theme - Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

I don't know I just had to recap on my childhood real quick.