Skip to main content

MURS FOR PRESIDENT

Oh my god. So check it. I have had this album called "MURS for President" for about a two weeks along with the U2 album and I have been listening to them both simultaneously. Actually if it wasn't for these albums I think I might have lost hope, quit my night job at the raw food kitchen, and just pursued my passion so furiously that I burnt myself out. But no. This MURS album for instance has been allowing me to feel more comfortable and at ease knowing there is hope for good music. More importantly great hip hop. My opinion is these kids need it. I work with young men from Africa (Burkina Faso) who didn't grow up with hip hop and all they know is Cassidy and Bird Man. What message do they now have about being a black man in America? All I know is that we work around the most positive food and environment you can find in NYC and they still see no place for that in the music they call "hip hop"
If you know me personally you can basically admit the last time I was proud of hip hop Biggie was still alive. And even then I was "playing along for the fun of it" not knowing that the ridiculousness would stay for this long. I thought Biggie was "real," . . . .come to think of it I crashed my first car speeding on the highway listening to Biggie on the way to college because I thought the cops were chasing me. Thats how real I though biggie was coming through the speakers hahah. Hip Hop can be life altering but come on peoples lets not even get into some of the more recent trends hip hop has started like Pink Aligator pants with button on shoes or something to that affect.
Point blank by the second track of this album "I'm Innocent" I was not only dancing in my room with joy but I was raising my fist to the fact that I can now be proud to be a hip hopper with an actual brain that finally relate to what the music is portraying. "I am anti drugs anti thug, walked in the party and got anti-love" It actually relieved me that this album is in existence because MURS cleared the air so to speak. My opinion is now artist like myself can actually be talented and creative rather than having to waste a whole album getting back at the stupidity and blatant ignorance that has been pressed on these cds that call themselves music for our children. Many underground MCs accomplished this. Many poets accomplished this. To me MURS already accomplished this for the mainstream. Lupe Kanye and Nas watch out for MURS. "I could of done a NAS and screamed hip hop is dead, instead I got off my ass and did something instead"
I can't go into each song but if you want me to I will. For now all I can say is don't watch this man in an interview, don't be a fan, don't even buy a t-shirt of his. Just buy his album and attach his music to what you are going through right now and if you were needing this fix like I happened to be. . .then perfect you found a hip hop album with dope beats, conscious but fun, and entertaining lyrics. Finally songs about women that involve reality, with an east to west coast awareness that takes you from the beginning to the end with care and then spits at you with a the lyrical venom that only MURS can bring.
Let me also just say. MURS is no messiah. I have personal friends who can spit circles around him unconscious. That isn't the point. The point is he is legible. He is clear and concise. His beats are well done. And its a step into the right direction. I was able to give the record to my next door neighbor and good friend who is in his teens and allow him to even go remix the accapella of "Everything" (which is his latest contest) because I believe in the lyrics bare bones without the track. If you don't have friends who are as good like I do such as SUMKID who told me about the album in the first place. iLLspokinn who I personally consider my sensai, my brother SELF SUFFICE or AKIM FUNK Buddha just to name a few and you can't get to a real hip hop event in your area then perhaps you want to go to a real music store like I did and cop an amazing album for 09. Thank you MURS and thank you Warner for signing someone from my cypher (1978 ya heard). "Vegan Diet healthy body with a sick mine" ok yeah there's one quote
MURS for President

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Reasons why becoming a member of Beat365 rocks.

As you already might know I go by the alias Undakova (Undercover) and I am beat maker, DJ and MC here in NYC. I have been producing hip hop beats since the 90s and have produced my own hip hop instrumentals for my album created here in New York City. I often get asked by R & B artist and MCs "Can you produce some beats for my album?" One day the question popped up in my head "Where does an artist find great sounding Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them?" If an artist doesn't have a friend or business partner who is a producer or know how to/ want to produce beats on there own spare time (which can take a lot of time and money) where does he/she find a complete collection of hip hop beats? Well the answer is simple. . . . To find Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them go to Beats365

GANGURU GiRL$ [Japanese "Blackface" Lil KIM ERA]

0r__nah : Japanese  Ganguro   Girls  or " yamanbe "  are considered " blackface " also translated to "heavily  sunburned   face." As a subculture they challenge the official  sanitized ,  sweet  and  subservient  image of Japanese women in endless service of male patriarchy. Highly controversial, considered animalistic and racially "Other"  ganguro Girls  trace back to the original ruler of  ancient  Japan, a powerful  shamanic Empress  and are likewise associated with  #magic   #myth   #fairies #witchcraft   #MountainWomen  and #folklore   #Goddessworship   #FemalePower   #BadBitches   #Radical   #Trickster s  #BlackMother Worship   #GAiAMatrix   #Shamana   ⚡️💖🙌🌸🌊🔥👑💎💜💖⚡️⭐️💛💀 And then there's the STINK FACE, Or Nah? BONUS : :  We are 38% star stuff and 53% water we are cosmic  beings made of oxygen carbon nitrogen and calcium  that was produced by red Giants and supernovae eons  - High

Opening Theme - Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

I don't know I just had to recap on my childhood real quick.