Skip to main content

5 Reasons why I am blogging about Lil Wayne in Jail

I'll admit I there have been plenty of times I have refused to spill my thoughts onto this blog and share my inner most opinions. Plenty of times I thought to myself I should write on this topic or blog but failed to do so. I feel embarrassed and I can honestly way I have no "good" reason why I am writing about little Wayne other than in this very moment I care about this topic. Allow me to explain why I do.


1. When I was working two jobs and one of them happened to be in a basement until 5am. Little Wayne was constantly coming up in our conversations.
--when I was working two jobs one of them was down in a organic kitchen basement and all we had was one small radio. Picture an organic kitchen with a few guys in aprons and messy gloves and a few knives. All I wanted to do was listen to my ambient music or perhaps something healing and refreshing while I worked chopping and cutting organic fruits and vegetables. Sometimes I would blast some Fela to get the good spirits rising or played some latin and alternative hits. A young employee who worked with me begged and fought with me often because I refused to bare witness his hip hop hero Little Wayne. I refused to listen to his mix tape exclusives and hated the fact that I had to listen to this top star and his potent lyrics especially because my employee friend didn't know what true meaning behind the slang and lyrics we were listening to anyway. The more I would listen the more I would get into the music and realized how talented he was. Going inside the verses of little wayne for an MC like me was definitely entertaining and I began to respect him but secretly wished he would say something more like what I would say.
2. Little Wayne is very talented and I am sad to see him go to jail. Yes I said talented and yes I am sad. He reminds me of a friend of mine I use to rhyme with that had a similar swagger and charisma about himself. Very marketable obviously. I am sad to see anybody go to jail who has so much influence that they could have used for the upliftment of humanity.
3. I look at this as an opportunity for other artist to blossom such as myself perhaps someone who is uh uh. . . I finally have a shot at the title! I am not saying I was in Little Waynes shadow while I was down working in that basement on those late hours I am just saying it definitely wasn't easy promoting my yoga organic raps to the young employee who wanted to hear about "bitches" and "getting money." Could I blame him? I tried not too often.
4. I feel upset that he has been given a charge due to carrying a weapon and I wish there was peace on earth and we could get past the use of weapons. Yeah people have used weapons since the dawn of mankind but when did we have to have semi automatics in our tour buses. I don't blame him from wanting to protect his self. I have been in similar situations where I chose to use more than my hands to define what was mine but geez can't we all just get along.
5. And the last reason I care about this topic of Little Wayne going to jail is once again I feel like the image of black men and hip hop has been tainted by the actions of our biggest icons. OJ killing his wife, Michael Jackson sleeping with Children, Tiger Woods cheating on his wife and now this. This is why I like Will Smith so much. There is a level of trust I have for Will Smith that I have that makes me think at least I won't find him on the front page of the news going to jail for something he had no business doing. Only god knows though.

Lastly I want to say I hope young Carter stays out of trouble behind those bars and comes back even stronger. I would hate to rise to the top without sufficient competition. Especially since I know this is a publicity stunt for his next Malcomn Xish going to mecca conscious album where he explains what he learned from being behind bars. I know the media . . .1 year. Yeah right.

Well I hope this doesn't open the flood gates of little Wayne wannabees just like I hope I don't have to see people pretending to be Michael Jackson while he is resting in peace. There can only be one Weezy just like there can only be one you and I. I will let this topic die out and be gone now but i just had to talk about it while it was fresh on my brain. Hope you enjoyed. Peace and love


PS if you are someone similar to my young employee friend who is probably going to go through Lil Wayne withdrawal for a year while Weezy is behind bares I recommend you check out my neyba Self Suffice's music right here at Self Suffices Music Page and thank me later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GANGURU GiRL$ [Japanese "Blackface" Lil KIM ERA]

0r__nah : Japanese  Ganguro   Girls  or " yamanbe "  are considered " blackface " also translated to "heavily  sunburned   face." As a subculture they challenge the official  sanitized ,  sweet  and  subservient  image of Japanese women in endless service of male patriarchy. Highly controversial, considered animalistic and racially "Other"  ganguro Girls  trace back to the original ruler of  ancient  Japan, a powerful  shamanic Empress  and are likewise associated with  #magic   #myth   #fairies #witchcraft   #MountainWomen  and #folklore   #Goddessworship   #FemalePower   #BadBitches   #Radical   #Trickster s  #BlackMother Worship   #GAiAMatrix   #Shamana   ⚡️💖🙌🌸🌊🔥👑💎💜💖⚡️⭐️💛💀 And then there's the STINK FACE, Or Nah? BONUS : :  We are 38% star stuff and 53% water we are cosmic  beings made of oxygen carbon nitrogen and calcium  that was produced by red Giants and supernovae eons  - High

7 Reasons why becoming a member of Beat365 rocks.

As you already might know I go by the alias Undakova (Undercover) and I am beat maker, DJ and MC here in NYC. I have been producing hip hop beats since the 90s and have produced my own hip hop instrumentals for my album created here in New York City. I often get asked by R & B artist and MCs "Can you produce some beats for my album?" One day the question popped up in my head "Where does an artist find great sounding Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them?" If an artist doesn't have a friend or business partner who is a producer or know how to/ want to produce beats on there own spare time (which can take a lot of time and money) where does he/she find a complete collection of hip hop beats? Well the answer is simple. . . . To find Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them go to Beats365

Opening Theme - Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

I don't know I just had to recap on my childhood real quick.