Skip to main content

Banking 2.0: what do you use? what apps to choose?

I recently developed the habit of wanting to know my bank balance daily and keep track of my bills and spending habits over time. How about you?
For some reason online banking has a place in my heart. Why? Well maybe because I am online often and even spend quite a bit of time purchasing items online using the familiar amazon books, paypal and venturing into other options of using my digital cash flow to get by in life. To be quite honest I am someone who saves money every day even if it is just a penny I see on the floor while walking in the street. Most of my banking is done from my iphone application and I personally have an electronic shocking mechanizm attached to my phone that can knock a person unconscious for 3 days straight if they touch my iPhone and try to enter my banking information without my permission. . . .Just kidding about that last bit. Haha
Anyhow there has been this current new trend with people and how they use online banking and it has been coined Banking 2.0 by someone and I feel I am part of that new phase of bankers or workforce generation so to speak.
Ok so lets get to what I am using. One of the programs I have been using for several months is called "Rudder."
Rudder is a web application that focus's on your bills mainly to keep track of your income and monthly spending habits. Rudder knows exactly when my bills are due because I inputted that information and is basically on autopilot allowing me to see when my next bills are coming up and "how much I have left" in order to pay for my expected expenses. One of the coolest things about this online reminder program is that I determine when I want to see this information in my email inbox and I chose every Monday. This is great because I don't have to waste my time going on to there website to find out what is the latest with money in my bank account unlike my normal online banking which has me have to log in every time I want an update about any of my accounts. Saves time plus, Rudder also has a cool spending meter which tracks your spending habits and even shows you all of your transactions just like your normal online banking system does. What I don't like about Rudder is that is seems to not be as current as I would like it to be. I wouldn't use Rudder to make up to the minute decisions about my cash flow. In short Rudder is a long term tool to look back and view charts on your bills and when and where you can cut back on your spending habits etc.
Besides Rudder which is my personal choice for banking 2.0 at the moment there are many other options out there that I would like to briefly go over. On a side note I was very upset with online banking when I found out that most transactions are pending from Friday until Monday leaving a customer with only 3 days out of a 7 day week to handle funds efficiently if you catch drift. Anyway lets see what online banking can do to revolutionize those 3 days of money management anyhow.

Oh yeah and before I go any further if you want to know more about some cool banking apps that are even better and actually different and special in other ways than rudder. Please by all means check out this blog right a cool blog about online banking apps.

IN summary article with the link above touches upon these applications listed below in a brief detail:
mint.com- to serve nearly 400,000 users, manages over $12 billion in transactions, and has saved $100 million+ for its users.
wesabe-it takes your data, anonymizes it, and shares it with the Wesabe community. That aggregate data is then analyzed for patterns and those results are shared with everyone
geezo.com-they offer community-focused areas like Groups and Goals where you can socialize and learn from others who have the same financial concerns that you do
expensr-You can compare yourself to your peers by tagging yourself with keywords like "young professional" or "college student" and then look at your spending habits versus the average from that particular group
moneystrands.com-Ultimately, the site will offer you a way to aggregate your financial information in one place and see instant snapshots of your finances.
xero.com-This kiwi startup offers daily bank reconciliation as well as invoicing, reporting, A/R, A/P, expense claims, and other bookkeeping tasks.
rudder.com-you can determine how much money you have available to spend while still paying all your bills
greensherpa.com-The app lets you input transactions manually and offers a more advanced cash flow projection than Mint.com does.
buxfer.com-You can access Buxfer via SMS, Twitter, email, on on the mobile web.
Shryk.com-Their two-pronged approach is designed to help kids achieve financial literacy.

Hope this was at all helpful in opening you to some of the Banking 2.0 options out there including Rudder perhaps something other than. What online banking system are you using. Don't cheat yourself on some of the advantages out there. We are all a part of this digital world at the moment. Might as well have fun with it while it is here. Who knows when the balance will be zero and the ticker stops ticking ;) On a happy note. ENJOY BEING AN EXCELLENT MONEY MANAGER and may lucrative opportunities always come your way! Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Reasons why becoming a member of Beat365 rocks.

As you already might know I go by the alias Undakova (Undercover) and I am beat maker, DJ and MC here in NYC. I have been producing hip hop beats since the 90s and have produced my own hip hop instrumentals for my album created here in New York City. I often get asked by R & B artist and MCs "Can you produce some beats for my album?" One day the question popped up in my head "Where does an artist find great sounding Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them?" If an artist doesn't have a friend or business partner who is a producer or know how to/ want to produce beats on there own spare time (which can take a lot of time and money) where does he/she find a complete collection of hip hop beats? Well the answer is simple. . . . To find Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them go to Beats365

GANGURU GiRL$ [Japanese "Blackface" Lil KIM ERA]

0r__nah : Japanese  Ganguro   Girls  or " yamanbe "  are considered " blackface " also translated to "heavily  sunburned   face." As a subculture they challenge the official  sanitized ,  sweet  and  subservient  image of Japanese women in endless service of male patriarchy. Highly controversial, considered animalistic and racially "Other"  ganguro Girls  trace back to the original ruler of  ancient  Japan, a powerful  shamanic Empress  and are likewise associated with  #magic   #myth   #fairies #witchcraft   #MountainWomen  and #folklore   #Goddessworship   #FemalePower   #BadBitches   #Radical   #Trickster s  #BlackMother Worship   #GAiAMatrix   #Shamana   ⚡️💖🙌🌸🌊🔥👑💎💜💖⚡️⭐️💛💀 And then there's the STINK FACE, Or Nah? BONUS : :  We are 38% star stuff and 53% water we are cosmic  beings made of oxygen carbon nitrogen and calcium  that was produced by red Giants and supernovae eons  - High

Opening Theme - Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

I don't know I just had to recap on my childhood real quick.