Skip to main content

Daily living life with the next generation of voters

I am mostly changing diapers and dancing with my 2 month year old son during the mornings. During this time my partner is practicing yoga to gain balance and peace of mind. Afterward we spend time together or she begins working from her desk at home and I go off to serve in several different schools as a teaching artist. Right now I am working for Brooklyn College in a program called "Project Peace" as well as for a non profit organization called BEATGLOBAL.com. This is how I am becoming transformed and assisting young people in their growth and transformation.

Recently I had a group discussion in the round with high school students in Bensonhurst Brooklyn prompting them to write a journal entry using an example of what Teenage girls in other schools in their age range have expressed about the elections before Nov 8th in this New York Times article. Students wrote about 

1. One thing they heard that made them angry, and 
2. One thing that made them elated, inspired, happy. 
in regards to the election. 

In a cypher-circle we passed a that I deemed the "object of truth" and whomever held that object had full reign to speak their truth without anyone criticizing or interrupting their thoughts and words. (Thank you Y? for that pro-tip, I normally used a talking stick but Y? proved that item could be anything from a tennis ball to what we used this time "A crumpled up piece of green construction paper") One of the students commented "Hey this is simply a crumpled up piece of paper from my journal that I ripped out from where someone mistakenly wrote in my journal but I acknowledge that it is the object of truth so here is what I wanted to say. . ." and proceeded to share knowing she had the floor and openly could express herself.

I heard everything from “I am glad Trump won so we can remove the illegal immigrants" to "I don’t care who won because I love Jesus and I am always protected” to "Not all immigrants are lazy, actually some people whose families come from other countries are more hard working than people who were born here" This discussion went around until it felt it was ready to transpire into the second prompt which was. 


“If you were President what would you do?” 



It's a privilege to have had practiced meditation for 6 hours from 9am to 4pm the day before mediating this conversation with the youth. I believe meditation really helped me to be objective, just listen, and be a student of the youth allowing them to vent their anger and create a safe space for them to express themselves unapologetically. I am thankful for the organization BEATGLOBAL.org for encouraging and helping me sharpen my skill as a faciliator. As well as the support I received from Project Peace who brought the New York Times article to my attention.

In my personal life. I am grateful to constantly be called toward creating a more efficient home for my growing family. I am grateful for all of the support I have had from my partner as I work toward my dreams and grow past new challenges each day. I am grateful to still have time to connect and play with my son daily and watch his growth.

I am fully engaged and occupied these days working in several public schools and teaching yoga, meditation as well as hip hop as a form of healing for the youth and being there for my son and partner. As well as practicing as much self-love as I can and educating myself so I can show up as powerfully as possible for everyone in my immediate environment.


But I want to say I hear you. I hear the cries of division and separation between us. I hear the paradox in the different ways we think and our world views. I am grateful to be connected to you and see your post. I get most of my information and news from facebook because I don’t own a TV (intentionally) So thank you for updating your page with information and insight that I can share with the youth who are the next generation of voters, and change makers coming up right now. 


Nothing I am experiencing in my life I could say could be classified in a check box of black or white, solely good or completely bad, red or blue. I am weary of people that try to fit the US  on one side of the spectrum and believe that is for them to stay in power and to divide and conquer us. No matter who is the president I believe those who use that knowledge of divide and conquer are still in power. Listen to my song “Care about us” for more details on that topic.


Right now I am blessed to be focussing on creating a world where no matter how different our beliefs are we all still win. We can relate to each other on vibrational levels higher than thought and realize our similarities and oneness. Today I will go into another public high school and ask similar questions and continue to learn all the while saying the Hip Hop mantra from the group the Luminaries "Peace worldwide Starts from inside"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Reasons why becoming a member of Beat365 rocks.

As you already might know I go by the alias Undakova (Undercover) and I am beat maker, DJ and MC here in NYC. I have been producing hip hop beats since the 90s and have produced my own hip hop instrumentals for my album created here in New York City. I often get asked by R & B artist and MCs "Can you produce some beats for my album?" One day the question popped up in my head "Where does an artist find great sounding Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them?" If an artist doesn't have a friend or business partner who is a producer or know how to/ want to produce beats on there own spare time (which can take a lot of time and money) where does he/she find a complete collection of hip hop beats? Well the answer is simple. . . . To find Hip hop, r&b and rap beats that sound so good you play them in your car for fun as well as record song after song with them go to Beats365

GANGURU GiRL$ [Japanese "Blackface" Lil KIM ERA]

0r__nah : Japanese  Ganguro   Girls  or " yamanbe "  are considered " blackface " also translated to "heavily  sunburned   face." As a subculture they challenge the official  sanitized ,  sweet  and  subservient  image of Japanese women in endless service of male patriarchy. Highly controversial, considered animalistic and racially "Other"  ganguro Girls  trace back to the original ruler of  ancient  Japan, a powerful  shamanic Empress  and are likewise associated with  #magic   #myth   #fairies #witchcraft   #MountainWomen  and #folklore   #Goddessworship   #FemalePower   #BadBitches   #Radical   #Trickster s  #BlackMother Worship   #GAiAMatrix   #Shamana   ⚡️💖🙌🌸🌊🔥👑💎💜💖⚡️⭐️💛💀 And then there's the STINK FACE, Or Nah? BONUS : :  We are 38% star stuff and 53% water we are cosmic  beings made of oxygen carbon nitrogen and calcium  that was produced by red Giants and supernovae eons  - High

Opening Theme - Fraggle Rock - The Jim Henson Company

I don't know I just had to recap on my childhood real quick.